Saturday, March 26, 2011

Magic Light over Clouds

Here's a photo I took many years ago at Banff National Park, Canada.  Among all the places I have traveled to, Banff remains to be one of my favorite places, even though I was there only once.  This is a place for all landscape photographers, highly recommended for you to consider a visit if you have never been there.

Spectacular sunset color reflected by clouds over Mt. Rundle, Banff, Alberta, Canada
Minolta A2, 28-200mm built-in lens, Hand-held, P Mode

What's unique about this photo, which was selected by 1X.com, a highly regarded web site for high quality photo images, to be showcased on their site, is the sunset color on the clouds.  I was struck by the intensity of the color in the clouds and at the hilltop, especially the contrast between the orange color and the blue in the sky, as I looked up in the sky and saw this striking image.  I only had a Minolta A2 camera then, so nothing compare to the equipment of today's full-frame 5D MkII and Canon L lenses, but nevertheless the color is just fantastic.   This is yet another case in point that what Magic Light can do to your photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment